A healthy vegetable puree, this soup makes the perfect light meal or appetizer.
2 lbs carrots, peeled and coarsely chopped
2 lbs yellow onions, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 garlic bulb, cloves peeled and left whole
1 sweet red pepper, roasted, peeled and de-seeded
2 quarts well-seasoned stock (more if the soup seems too thick)
1. Place all vegetables in a large stockpot.
2. Add the stock and bring to a boil over high heat.
3. Lower heat and simmer until all vegetables are soft.
4. Puree, using any kind of blender or food mill.
5. Check and adjust seasoning.
6. Serve, garnished with chopped parsley, cilantro, sour cream or croutons, according to taste.
This recipe was contributed by The Daily Green's community of conscientious cooks. Share your tastiest, favorite recipes too!
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.