Light and tasty relish that can be put on brats, burgers, hot dogs, chicken, tortilla chips and pretty much everything you eat from a grill. The coolness of the veggies works with the citrus flavors to create a dynamic contrast of hot and cold on the tongue.
A bunch of hungry tailgaters (10-20)
Juice from 2 limes
2 tomatillos (or green tomatoes)
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 to 2 banana peppers, finely chopped
2 roasted Poblano peppers
1 roasted yellow pepper, skinned and finely chopped
1 Serrano Chile, seeded and chopped
4 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
4 ears of corn, freshest available
1 Tbs. olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Mix together the first eight ingredients, and pulse briefly in food processor to get a fine chop; if you are tailgating, put mixture in container and finish prep at the tailgate.
2. Roast the corn on the grill.
3. Let cool slightly, then using a large, heavy knife, slice down the cobs to remove the kernels.
4. Add the roasted corn and olive oil to the pepper mixture; salt and pepper to taste.
5. Toss well to mix.
6. Serve while still slightly warm, or leave to cool, cover, and chill for up to 2 hours.
This recipe was contributed by The Daily Green's community of conscientious cooks. Share your tastiest, favorite recipes too!
Enter your city or zip code to get your local temperature and air quality and find local green food and recycling resources near you.